Browser guru wanted!

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 21/10/2015, 10:16     +1   +1   -1

Grand Duke

Group:
Honour:
+1,799

Ok this past few days I have been having probs with Chrome

Prob 1, What ever I try (and believe me I've tried) I cannot get it to load flash player, the message I get is "Cannot load plug in" I have been through the process of going to chrome://plugins enabling and disabling Adobe flash player.
uninstalled adobe flash player and reinstalled it. uninstalled Chrome reinstalled Chrome all still to no joy.

Prob 2, In Chrome when I click a link it doesn't open the link, it opens an add in a new tab, sometimes taking two or three attempts before opening what I clicked! I have Microsoft Security Essentials, Superanti Spyware & Adw cleaner and scanned with them all to no avail.

I am beginning to get pretty pissed off with Chrome, yeah I like it, and have used it for quite a while now but this prob is doing me ed in.
I have Opera and Firefox which are ok (except firefox only works if I run as admin!!)

Do any of you use a different browser? Any recommendations?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Edited by sonofjoe - 21/10/2015, 13:40

nixmehr
view post Posted on 21/10/2015, 11:02     +1   -1

Normally when installing Firefox you have different options for assigning user. I checked: for all users and it works firne. Maybe you can install the german Browser of germanys Telekom?!

view post Posted on 21/10/2015, 17:57     +4   +1   -1

Count

Group:
Honour:
+234

For me it is a feature not a bug as I dont use Adobe flash anymore with chromium.
Did you read this:
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6213033?hl=de about NPAPI and PPAPI. Whatever that is <_<
Iḿ using FF, Chromiun and Iceweasel with Debian Mint and only using HTML5.
About your link Issue I donßt have no clue.
have fun,
bernd

view post Posted on 22/10/2015, 14:06     +1   +1   -1

Archduke

Group:
Honour:
+779

FF here too. You may also try Comodo IceDradon
www.comodo.com/home/browsers-toolbars/icedragon-browser.php

3 replies since 21/10/2015, 10:16   425 views